Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Theme


Bob and I decided today, in honor of our shared heritage, to incorporate some PA Dutch elements into the wedding. We are thinking patchwork quilts, hex signs, hearty farm food, beer and soft pretzels.

The symbol of the triple star, pictured above, symbolizes good luck, success and happiness. The ring of brown is associated with the cycle of life making this particular sign a wish for a lifetime of happiness. Blue is my favorite color, and yellow is his...we might be incorporating this symbol somehow. We'll see!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Hil & Bob,

    Nice site !!! I love the triple star idea. Bob, you are the only soon-to-be Brother-in-law (alright, enough hyphens, I'm getting a migrane) I have actually thought was cool !!! Hope to see you guys soon. Hil, I'll send the tatto sketch and Bob...Darth Vader is lonely on my computer desk ;-).

    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. B & H ~

    Whahooo! Wicked Wed-site. The site itself is cause for celebration. Very engaging ...

    It occurs to me that we sibz are holding a private conversation up in here thus far. But that's bound to change once folks begin searching for registries and directions. Please let me know if and how I can help once it becomes evident. I mean it ~ don't be shy.

    Couldn't be happier for you both!

    H u g z
    ~ H ~

    ReplyDelete

IMPORTANT DIRECTIONS (this means you, Mom! :)) Where it says "Comment as", choose name/url, put your name in the name spot, and leave the url blank.

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by! xoxox