Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Notes on Attire- Or what is comfortable yet festive?


So, what to wear? what to wear!?


I'm wearing a white (ish) dress. Don't laugh. Bob is wearing a suit of some kind, and a cowboy hat! To me, the whole day is about being yourself and having fun, so I don't want anyone to wear uncomfortable outfits that they don't like. You will find no tuxes or weird matchy-matchy bridesmaids dresses...unless that is your thing, then go for it! Most likely it will be warm to hot, summer day. We will definitely be outdoors a lot. Wear something light and wear smart shoes. Ladies, that means flats. Gentlemen, you don't HAVE to wear a tie.


Viking hats are optional, but pretty much always a good idea.

3 comments:

  1. Nice swirly cotton dress and just-in-case pashmina all picked out already. And Mick did a happy dance when I told him 'casual' was the order of the day. One question though, is Wolf invited? Not a prob if it's a no kids included event. I just need to put the hard word on the ex ASAP so he'll be around for our boy. Love, ~LA

    ReplyDelete
  2. The word on the kids is this- I want YOU to have an awesome time. If you can, with Wolf, then he is definitely welcome! If your time would be "more funner" kid-free, that's cool, too. Up to you! It is by no means a "kid free" wedding. Mine will be there, for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely wearing my mesh New York Mets 1988 spring training warmup jersey with a tie. Sounds good, right?

    ReplyDelete

IMPORTANT DIRECTIONS (this means you, Mom! :)) Where it says "Comment as", choose name/url, put your name in the name spot, and leave the url blank.

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by! xoxox